Facebook Twitter
FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  ProfileProfile  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages  Log inLog in
Cubase SX3 + Midi Controller

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakcore.NL Music Forum Index -> General discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
666dRC

PostPosted: 2009-08-03 09:59    Post subject: Cubase SX3 + Midi Controller Reply with quote

Hi there,

A few months ago I really started getting into Cubase, as it has more Audio options than Reason 4.0. I bought myself a Behringer UMX25 Midi Controller and so far it works ok!

But.. The main reason I bought this Midi Controller is so I could control the various effects buttons on the different VST's and I haven't been able to get that to function!

I'm using a Intel Celeron 2,6Ghz, 2GB DDR2 Ram, Windows XP, with an onboard sound card (my SB Live! recently died..). The UMX25 seems to work fine in Reason and also in Cubase, as I can get sound out of the Soft Sythns and even the Modulation Wheel and Pitch Bend seem to repsond when I twist them.
Now, in Reason it's very easy to bind a rotary button to a button from a Soft Synth. Just right click and choose "Edit Remote Override Mapping", Choose the control surface, twist the button and I'm done. Very nice.
In Cubase this not an option. I've been looking around trying to find out how this is done. As I really want to control VST plugins like InstaJungle. I've been messing around with Xlutop Chainer, because I figured it wasn't a standard option in Cubase and I needed an extra VST just to program the rotary buttons on my Midi Controller to the different effects.

Now, Chainer doesn't seem to work within Cubase. While it should.. If I run Chainer standalone without starting Cubase, and try to bind one of the rotary buttons to an effects from InstaJungle, it works fine! Chainer instantly notices I'm twisting the knob, and it binds it to the desired effect! But if I run Chainer from within Cubase, say as a VST effect or VST Instrument, it does not respond in any way to me twisting the knobs when I try to bind the effect. Very annoying! Razz

My question is: Is there anybody that could help me either set-up Chainer to work within Cubase (I think there's some settings wrong in Cubase, having to do with my Midi Controller not acting as a Midi Controller in Cubase but just as a keyboard, but I'm not sure..), or is there anybody that could help me set-up Cubase so I can bind effects and VST Instrument buttons to the rotary buttons on my UMX25?

I can't imagine it being impossible in such a fine program as Cubase.

I've been messing around with AudioMulch, and it does exactly what I'm looking for in Cubase! And very easy.. Razz I can controll all the VST's I want to use with the rotary buttons from my UMX25.

So I guess I know now that the VST's are programmable, and that it really is a problem in Cubase.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Very Happy
666dRC

PostPosted: 2009-08-06 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone..? Rolling Eyes
Tex-nd
Site Admin

PostPosted: 2009-08-06 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

Errr, you might add your device as a Generic Remote for some functions, see: http://www.espace-cubase.org/anglais/page.php?page=appcubmr13

And then you have something like 'Quick Controls' which lets you assign your midi control changes to parameters, see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFkjVJdmYFE

or google some on 'Midi Learn' Smile cheers
666dRC

PostPosted: 2009-08-07 13:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thnx!

Your first link was really what I needed!

I think I had already found it somewhere but didn't understand what they meant..

I do now, someone on another foprum explained it and it actually was quite easy!

So thnx again Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Breakcore.NL Music Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: